It is suggested that the file system should be case insensitive.
The directory structure:
- /usr/local/bin -- The executable SPC code
- /usr/local/src -- The source SPC code
- /opt/local/spc -- General SPC support directory. This includes programs, scripts and support files that is needed by the SPC team.
- /opt/local/spc/bin -- Scripts and programs that are outside of the standard SPC distribution
/opt/local/spc/<project>/ -- Project specific
/opt/local/spc/<project>/support/ -- Project specific support files
/opt/local/spc/<project>/SPICE/ -- Project specific SPICE kernels
/opt/local/spc/<project>/IMAGEFILES/ -- The SPC formatted images
I'm going to use topSPC as the term for the main SPC directory.
- topSPC - The stuff for a specific project
topSPC/<mission>/DATA - NAIF kernels
topSPC/<mission>/NEW_IMAGES - Source Images (non-SPC format)